Home Forums FlexGanttFX Timezone display of TimelineObjects

• Author
    Participant
    #13720 |

First of all, I am posting this in the FX forum because the website would not allow me to create a post in the Swing forum, but this post is a question about Flexgantt Swing.

Our team is trying to display all timeline objects in the GMT timezone. We are setting the gantt chart timespan and timeline objects with a GMT TimeSpan using the GanttChart.setTimeSpan() method; however, whenever the application loads, the timespan is set to our local time (7 hour offset from GMT). I’m not sure if this is a bug where FlexGantt always converts to the local time or if we just need to set an additional value on the GanttChart.

• Dirk Lemmermann
    Keymaster
    #13721 |

You are mixing two things here: time zone and time span. If you invoke gantt.setTimeSpan() then you are simply  requesting that the Gantt Chart should display the time interval specified in that call. This has nothing to do with the timezone. The timezone can be set by calling gantt.getDatelineModel().setTimeZone(). However, this doesn’t seem to be what you are trying to accomplish. To start the gantt chart with a different initial time span you will need to call gantt.setTimeSpan(….). But this can only be called AFTER the Gantt chart has become visible as this call needs to determine the available width in which to display this time span.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.