Home Forums FlexGantt Custom Editor

• Author
    #12745 |

I’m thinking I want to create a custom editor that will popup when the user double clicks on a timelineObject. I gather that I can register my own listener and extend the OOTB editor. I was searching for examples of this in the demo and source code, presuming it would speed my development. I have not found anything so far, can you point me to something or give me a little guidance on how to get started? I could maybe be convinced to open the editor on the tree table, if that is remarkably easier.
    Thanks.

• Dirk Lemmermann
    Keymaster
    #12747 |

Simply add a mouse listener to the layer container and listen to double click events. Once received you can query the layer container for the (timeline) object bounds at the event location.

See LayerContainer.getObjectBoundsAt(x,y).

Dirk

• Brian
      #12748 |

Is this how the current editor popup works? In the examples, there are two scenarios that I see. One where the percentage is editable and one where the label on the activity is editable. I was expecting I could follow those examples and would then need to create a more complex popup. I was hoping you would have some examples of creating a more complex popup that I could use as a guide. The above response is useful, but seems to have gone a different direction than I was hoping.
      Thanks,
      Brian

• Dirk Lemmermann
    Keymaster
    #12749 |

I would go with the approach I suggested in my reply. The “in-place” editors that you see in the examples have the disadvantage that they are limited to the currently visible area of the layout container, while a “real” dialog that opens up after a double click, will give you more freedom. Also regular dialogs will look more professional. The “in-place” editors sounded like a good idea back in the days (ten years ago by now) but I no longer suggest that you use them. Go with a regular dialog that allows you to edit the properties of the double clicked timeline object.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.